Japs-Olson Company prides itself on being a good steward of the environment. By using as few resources as possible and recycling all that we can, we've been able to reduce our waste substantially.
Japs-Olson Company is
committed to the principle of sustainability and has undertaken a
number of initiatives to demonstrate that commitment. Japs-Olson
Company recycles more than 14,000 tons of paper per year. The
equivalent of more than 250,000 trees, 95,000,000 gallons of water,
30,000,000 pounds of air pollution, 190,000 million BTU's and 50,000
cubic yards of landfill space per year.
Japs-Olson Company Earns FSC® Certification - April 2007
FSC® Certification (Forest Stewardship Council chain-of-custody) enables Japs-Olson and our clients to actively demonstrate and support sound environmental practices as well as proper forest management.
FSC® Certification means that a product has passed through a complete "chain-of-custody:"
- From an FSC®-certified forest
- To an FSC®-certified pulp manufacturer
- To an FSC®-certified paper manufacturer
- To an FSC®-certified merchant
- To an FSC®-certified printer
available upon request. For more information on FSC® Certification, please visit: www.fscus.org
Japs-Olson Company - Charter Member of PIM (Printing Industry of Midwest) -
Great Printer Environmental Initiative
Japs-Olson Company is a proud member of the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative. This program demonstrates our commitment to go beyond what is required by government regulatory agencies in environmental, health and safety compliance.
The PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative commits the company to:
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety requirements;
- Going beyond compliance by minimizing waste, reusing or recycling waste that cannot be prevented and maximizing energy efficiency;
- Pursuing continuous environmental, health and safety improvements;
- Completing of an Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance Audit annually or once every 36 month if a written and effective Environmental Management System (EMS) is in place that meets the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiatives EMS Plan requirements.
For more information on the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative, please visit: www.pimn.org